Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Introduction

As i already wrote on my main page, i am Eva Shannon, twenty years old. I'm originally from Newburgh Maine, but recently moved in with my brother and his girlfriend, right here in Bangor. I work at TJMaxx, about 25-30 hours a week. I'm very physically active, i go to the gym every day of the week, for at least 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours. This is my way of relieving stress from every day life. I Have a boyfriend, named Michael, i met him my senior year of high school and he now attends Cornell University. I never knew how challenging a relationship could be until he went 9 1/2 hours away. This is definitely one of the most challenging things I've ever been faced with. As heartbreaking as it is to not have him here every day, i appreciate the time i do have with him ad it makes me love him more every day.
okay, enough of about my personal life. Education wise, I'm a very visual learner. i need something in front of me to look at so that i am able to understand what i need to do. I also usually have to hear something more than once so that i am able to completely understand. I'm a very worrisome person and am always afraid that i am doing something wrong, which isn't always the case, so I'm working on getting better at trusting my first instinct. I also enjoy working with partners or small groups, because i usually stay right on topic and sometimes someone has an opinion or an idea about something that i never would have thought of, so it's nice to hear the thought process of others.
Technology wise, i was sheltered until i hit middle school. My elementary school was so small, we only had 100 kids in the whole school and definitely didn't have the top of the line computers or books. We had five computers in our whole school and had to be partnered up to use one whenever we went to the library. My life changed very much when i hit seventh grade and we became the first ones in the state to have a lap top of our own that we would take to and from school every single day. Having the capability of being able to take a lap top home allowed my teachers to assign more homework for a computer and we became very advanced and proficient in using one. Now that i am in college and have my own lap top I'm slowly getting better at using technology. It amazes me and what kids have access to now a days because i never did have that growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment