Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Free Write" blog

this past week i have been thinking what to write about. because i didn't have anythings specific come to mind, i thought that i would brain storm out loud about my final project to see if i have any ideas come to mind. as soon as i heard about our final project being a lesson in technology I've been nervous and confused as to what i should do. when coming to class, i hear all these people giving great ideas, hearing this is really helpful but it also makes me wonder if i have what it takes to become a teacher in today's growing technology schools. I'm used to the "pen and paper" and "reading textbooks". although i have witnessed technology advances in my schools as i was a student i haven't put my mind set into being a teacher with technology yet. I wanted to maybe do a fun interactive activity, such as a jeopardy game but i wouldn't know what to do it on how how to get my fellow classmates information that may be on the game. Then i thought maybe creating an ASL movie. when i was a senior at hampden i took ASL and my final project in class was to sign a poem of my choice in front of the class, i thought i would take this one step further and sign a song, which would require to be faster and i would also tape it, hopefully in one taping, but since not everyone knows ASL i ruled that out. i might go online a create a virtual treasure hunt and ask questions and depending on if someone gets it right they will either get another clue or get asked another question until they get it right. i could do this either as a treasure hunt, or a corn maze type idea. although all of these will be difficult to make, i want to do something that keeps everyone engaged which will be my biggest challenge when it comes to doing my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment